Waggy Tails & Wheelchairs
The complete guide to harmonious living for you and your dog
Indeed it is, as the author – who’s wheelchair dependent – ably demonstrates. This book contains everything that a mobility-impaired potential dog owner needs to consider to enable him or her to own and care for their very own canine companion.
- Benefits of dog ownership
- Positive effects on state of mind
- Basic considerations
- Suitable breeds; dog size and temperament
- Caring for your dog
- Special equipment and clothing
- Training for a special life
- The law, you and your dog
- Walkin’ the dog
- A wheelchair is no barrier to dog ownership!
Here, everything that a mobility-impaired potential dog owner needs to consider to enable him or her to own and care for their very own canine companion – even if finances are restricted, or they do not have their own car, carers or helpers – is described and illustrated in detail.
From his unique viewpoint, the author answers all of these questions and concerns, and much more besides, allowing readers to assess and determine whether they can share their special lifestyle with a dog, and what they can do to bring about this happy situation.