A tale of two horses
A passion for free-will teaching
Create a true partnership with your horse
Following two ex-racehorses over the course of a year, as they go from being reactive and unable to be handled, to calm, well balanced, contented equines, you’ll get to know the personalities of Charlie and Star, as they make the transition from racing to home environment.
- Follow the journey of two horses with significant behavioural problems
- Learn the steps used to rehabilitate them
- Charts their progress over the course of a year
- Challenges the preconceptions of how we handle horses
- Shows how effective reward-based, positive methods can be
- Understand the practical applications of behaviour and learning theory
- Uses only scientifically-proven methods
- Discusses using the same behavioural principles with other animals
- A useful tool for hobbyists and professionals alike
- Have the happy, stress-free relationship with your horse you’ve always wanted!
Click here to read more
This book provides an understanding of behaviour and learning theory, along with free-will, hands-off, and non-coercive techniques, and shows how to apply these principles for stress-free training. You’ll learn how to prevent small issues becoming big problems, making battling with your horse a thing of the past.
Easy to read, this book can be used as a complete start-from-scratch guide, or to browse through, selecting those parts that you wish to work on to achieve fantastic results: reliable behaviour, stress-free, happy and contented horse and owner.
Format Paperback • 170 x 220mm • 144 pages • 80 pictures
Published NOVEMBER 2015