Walking the dog
Motorway walks for drivers and dogs – Revised Edition
Each page features a 30 to 45 minute walk, with a selected pub or café on the walk. Activities for children are included, from bouncy castles to nature trails.
- All walks within 5 miles of motorway exits
- Pub/café on each walk (or at least a picnic table)
- Each walk created, tried and tested by David, Lezli and Jem
- Safe and legal parking places
- Driving routes from and back to the motorway
- Many walks near kids’ activities
- Online updates at www.drivingwithdogs.co.uk
- Buggy and wheelchair easy access walks, ideal for assistance dog owners
- Each walk 30-45 minutes – healthy breaks that improve driver concentration
With Collie Jem, Lezli and David Rees have trekked over a thousand miles creating walks and tracking down traditional inns for drivers, families, and dogs to enjoy on their journey. Anyone who drives on the motorways of England, Scotland and Wales will benefit from this guide to walks within 5 miles of motorway exits. All of Great Britain is covered, from Exeter to Perth and Swansea to Canterbury. Use this book to get more fun for your fuel, see more of the countryside, take a healthy break, or enjoy a relaxing pub lunch.
All of the walks are suitable for dogs, and those with assistance dogs will find details of accessible paths and disabled facilities. The listed pubs – most of which are traditional inns, serving high quality food at realistic prices – all welcome well-behaved canines.
If you want more than mileage from your petrol, this is the book for you!
Format Paperback • 105 x 150mm • 208 pages • 200 colour pictures
Published FEBRUARY 2016