Mike & Scrabble
A guide to training your new human
Mike & Scrabble is an often funny, sometimes melancholy, and occasionally accurate guide to understanding the relationship between a dog and a human. A picture book for adults that grew out of one human trying to remember why he ended up with a dog, and sharing his thoughts as pictures on social media.
- An often funny, and sometimes sad, look at the relationship between a dog and her human
- Explains the quirky behaviour of humans and dogs through pictures
- A smart dog and a dumb human learn to live together
- Simple, pretty picture book for people who can't be bothered to read a proper book about dogs
- Humans are a dog's best friend; this book is the guide to how to train them
Mike&Scrabble's simple illustrations and one-line observations were originally designed by Mike, despite what Scrabble says, as posts for Twitter and Facebook, to joke about becoming a dog owner. The posts gathered a following of loyal fans, mainly dog owners (about 90%), mainly women (about 55%), and mostly English or American (70%). Except for one fan in Vietnam.
This is a book that dogs will buy, but as they have trouble using an iPad and don't keep money on them, it may well be attractive to their Human pets.
Format Hardback • 20.5x20.5cm • 64 pages • 59 pictures
Published FEBRUARY 2017