A comprehensive guide to dogs in the workplace. Uniquely, this book gives insight from the dog's perspective, whilst also providing plenty of practical advice for making your dog a success in the office! It takes you through the entire process, from gaining the support of your colleagues to policy considerations for the employer.
- The benefits and pitfalls of having dogs in the office
- Things to consider before bringing your dog to work
- Case studies illustrating how office life has worked for a variety of dogs
- Learn what policies other businesses have in place
- How to meet your dog's needs in and out of the office
- Considering the dog's perspective on being in your workplace
- Trouble-shooting common problems in office dogs
- What to bring with you to set up your dog for success
- More than one dog in the office? Learn about successful introductions
- Leveraging the support of your colleagues for a successful office dog
Written by a specialist dog behaviourist, this book offers a unique insight into how to integrate your dog into office life, making the arrangement work for all involved: the employer, the employee, and perhaps most importantly, the dog! Uniquely, this book considers the dog's perspective on office life, whilst also providing plenty of practical advice for making your dog's time in the office a success. It takes you through the entire process, from gaining the support of your colleagues to policy considerations for the employer.
With helpful, ready-to-use materials for the office included within, and real-life case studies of workplace dog success stories throughout, this book is the ultimate essential reading for anyone involved with office dogs – owners, employers, those who work with dogs professionally, and those who are simply lucky enough to share their office with a dog!