The Complete Book of Cat and Dog Health
A comprehensive text that is highly relevant (even indispensable) to every dog and cat carer. Bursting with up-to-date information on all important areas of animal health, the information in this book will help maintain good health, or offer help during an illness.
- Veterinary surgeon Lise Hansen brings animal healthcare into the 21st century
- Current advice on four essential areas of health care: diet, vaccination, parasite control and neutering
- Does your pet need regular vaccine boosters?
- What is the best diet for your cat or dog?
- Are allergies curable in animals?
- Full of practical advice on how you can best support your animal – in sickness and in health
- The one book that no dog or cat lover should be without!
- The complete guide to healthcare for your cat and dog
The first part of the book describes the main lifestyle choices every dog and cat owner makes, whether or not they are aware of them: settling in a new puppy or kitten, vaccination, neutering, diet, finding the right veterinarian, and caring for the ageing animal.
The second part describes the main holistic modalities and their relevance when animals become sick. What they are, how they work, when they are useful, and how to find a practitioner. Also includes chapters on osteopathy, homeopathy, acupuncture, Bach's flower remedies, and herbal medicine.
The third part of the book discusses a range of common health problems in dogs and cats, both from a conventional veterinary point of view and from an holistic perspective, and aims to help the owner understand the condition they are facing, as well as providing tips on how to supplement their veterinarian's advice and treatment.
Format Paperback • 24x20cm • 224 pages • 50 pictures
Published October 2019