Home alone and happy!
Essential life skills for preventing separation anxiety in dogs and puppies
- Aimed at preventing the all-too-familiar separation anxiety
- Considers why separation anxiety might develop
- For anyone who owns a dog and has to leave him at home on his own
- Ideal for puppies who need to learn the skills of being left alone
- Introduces tools to teach your dog to enjoy his own company
- Gives practical tips for engaging your dog in relaxing activities and enriching his home-alone environment
- Offers advice on managing the home to reduce arousal levels
- Includes worksheets to help evaluate your dog’s level of comfort
- Discusses how to support your dog’s emotional needs
- Promotes a sense of wellbeing and improves your dog’s overall quality of life
Home alone and happy! was born out of the need to educate pet owners before the problems of separation anxiety arise. Written for those who wish to maintain their dog’s emotional wellbeing, and those who want to take action before a very mild issue grows into something more serious.
Kate Mallatratt shows you the problem through your dog’s eyes when he is alone at home, and offers you valuable insight and advice to help make his time alone pleasant and stress-free. Beautifully illustrated, with worksheets to evaluate your dog’s level of contentment and chart his progress, you’ll learn how you can both spend quality time alone, despite being apart.