The Adventure Begins!
An exciting action romp, exploring environmental destruction, homelessness, politics, animal welfare, and disability, as six ordinary children battle to promote kindness and compassion over cruelty and greed.
- The story of six children who meet on a bus and decide to take on the world
- The young friends are tired of the cruelty, greed and destruction they see and experience
- Can the group find a way to change the things they are opposed to?
- Peter, Josh, Noah, Angela, Jet and Polly call themselves ‘The Indigo Warriors’
- A ‘Manifesto for a Better Life’ is created to get their message across
- The children learn, by trial and error, how to take positive action – and the adventure begins!
- Their campaign is challenging, and sometimes dangerous, dealing with the law, an angry farmer and a criminal gang
- Jet’s guardian angel is a guiding light, and helps out in times of trouble
- The story of six children who find that they really do have the power to change the world
- An inspirational, empowering story for children
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and when it was time to stop reading, I could barely put it down!
The story is about six children on a mission to make the world a better place.
I liked it because it was full of adventure and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys thrillers and fast-moving action.
I really want to do something as great as what they did, like helping the poor and homeless, and admire their bravery and courage.
My favourite character is a boy called Noah because he put the needs of his friends and good causes before his own needs . This, I think, makes him a good role model.
I think this book really relates to the modern world, as the issues that the book describes are major problems that affect the whole world, that we need to resolve.” Oliver, age 9¾
Struggling to decide whose cause matters most, they distil their ideas into a ‘Manifesto for a Better Life’ but can they get their manifesto to the people who matter … the politicians?