A fishy tale of friendship
A story of unusual friendships and adventure. Deep in the darkest place in the sea, a volcano erupts, forcing a group of strange and wonderful deep-sea creatures to set off on a journey of discovery. Along the way they forge unusual friendships, discover a world they never knew, and meet unexpected challenges in their search for a new home.
- A fun rhyming story that helps young readers engage easily
- Beautiful illustrations of quirky and loveable characters in a picturesque seascape
- Learn how amazing and astonishing the sea is, and how deep it is
- Discover what strange and wonderful creatures live deep below the surface
- An anti-bullying story, showing how important it is to be kind to each other
- A story about creatures in search of a new home where they will fit in, and where they and their families will finally be safe
- Why having a place to call home is so important to even the smallest of creatures on the planet
- Learn about the hierarchy of different animals
- How fitting in and a sense of belonging are important for self-esteem
- Enjoy this exciting journey into the unknown, where you never know what is going to happen next!
Follow the funny and heart-warming story of the creatures who live in the midnight zone, a largely uncharted world deep in the sea which is home to some of the planet’s most extraordinary creatures. Meet the wise sperm whale, the nervous sea snail, the accident-prone lantern fish, the wacky octopus, the inquisitive puffer fish and the mysterious hatchet fish: just a few of the amazing and wonderful creatures brought to life through Dee Riley’s quirky illustrations. Inspired by the stories created for his own children, Dov Citron’s fun, rhyming story is a tale of undersea adventure and discovery like no other.